Why should I clean my air ducts?
No filter is 100 percent effective at filtering out contaminants from your duct system. As a result, every time your system turns on, the dust, pet dander, mites and other contaminants that settle in the ducts gets blown back into your home and into the air that you and your family breathe. In addition, the process of heating or cooling your home creates the kind of temperature and humidity changes in your ducts that enable the growth of unhealthy mold, fungus, and bacteria. This results in a poor indoor air quality that can lead to increased symptoms for allergy sufferers.
When should air ducts be cleaned?
- If anyone in your home or office has breathing difficulties or flare-ups such as asthma, allergies, or emphysema.
- Before moving into a new or pre-owned home.
- Whenever you notice discolored areas around your vent covers.
- When you notice excessive dust on your furniture.
- If unusual odors are present when the furnace or air conditioning is running.
- After a fire, water loss, or flooding, and after remodeling or construction.
What are the health benefits of duct cleaning?
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems have been shown to act as a collection source for a variety of contaminants that have the potential to affect to a person’s health, such as mold, fungi, bacteria, and very small particles of dust and debris. The removal of these contaminants from an HVAC system and home should be considered as one component in an overall plan to improve indoor air quality.
Will air duct cleaning reduce my energy bill?
Research by the U.S. EPA has demonstrated that HVAC system cleaning may allow systems to run more efficiently by removing debris from sensitive mechanical components. Clean, efficient systems are less likely to break down, have a longer life span, and generally operate more efficiently than dirty systems.
Is your HVAC system or air ventilation system in need of a good cleaning? Call Angelo’s Cleaning today 610-935-7557 to improve your homes air quality!! Please visit our air duct cleaning page to order this service online