We at Angelo’s get asked this question a lot. Changing your home’s air filters regularly can help to keep your air ducts clean but a large amount of pollutants remain within the system and require a professional air duct cleaning service.
Being in your home this winter with your heat on could affect indoor air quality, especially if your air duct system has not been cleaned in the past 5- 10 years. Just as dust and dirt collect on your floor, pollutants such as pollen, dust, pet dander and mold spores, bacteria and dust mites can collect on the surface of your air ducts and re-circulate through your house.
Reason’s to have your air ducts cleaned
- If you have recently had major renovations done to your house (drywall repair, walls or structural repair, masonry repairs, floor installations, sanding, etc)
- If you have noticed an increase in dust on surfaces throughout your home (more than normal)
- If you are experiencing allergy symptoms despite taking the normal steps to prevent them, cleaning your air vents can be another step to take in the battle of relieving allergy symptoms
Facts about Air Duct Cleaning
- Studies have shown that the air inside your house could be 2-5 times MORE polluted than the air outside
- allergy symptoms can be related to your home’s air duct cleanliness
- cleaning your air ducts can improve the efficiency of your HVAC system (in some cases up to 40%)