How to keep your rugs clean in a few easy steps
A rug cleaning customer in Collegeville asked how she could keep her rug clean and maintain that fresh smell after we removed some spots from her living room’s area rug. After Angelo’s has come to your house to freshen and clean your rugs, it is advisable to try to keep them as clean as possible, but we know that it may not be easy to vacuum as frequently as rug manufacturers suggest. There are a few easy steps that can make your life easier and protect your home’s investment.
- Vacuum as often as you can but if that is not possible, when you do, go the extra distance by flipping the rug over and vacuuming the back of the rug. If you have a large rug, try folding it in half, vacuum, then flip over the other side. Finally, give the top a good vacuum by overlapping strokes and making sure not to get the fringes caught by accident!
- If you happen to spill something on the rug or BLOT not rub the area. Try to use a white 100% cotton rag that is lightly moistened with water. Blot and turn the cloth until no more liquid comes from the rug and let dry.
- Your pet has an accident on your living room rug – what do you do? First remove all solids as best possible. Then mix a solution of 1 part white vinegar to 2 parts water in a squirt bottle and douse the affected area. Use your white rag or clean paper towels to blot the area and change towels or rags frequently until no wet spots show on the rag.
- Maintain a “no shoes” policy if you have kids who forget to wipe their shoes! Getting in the habit of keeping slippers by the door can decrease stains and wear on your rugs dramatically!
- Call Angelo’s when your rug needs a professional cleaning. We offer an online shopping cart to schedule area rug cleaning and will remove stains and odors with our safe and effective cleaning equipment.