Commercial and Residential Cleaning of Vinyl Tile & VCT
What To Expect When We Clean Your Vinyl Tile Floors
Angelo’s Cleaning Technicians are your IICRC floor care specialists. We have a variety of specific floor equipment and specially formulated cleaning agents and grout cleaner for all types of flooring.
Our technicians will walk through the cleaning job with you to make sure we know exactly what work is to be done and we will tell you exactly how much it will cost. At any time you may ask for an estimate of the many services we offer.
If your floors are natural or organic stone, such as marble, limestone or slate, click here for our Stone Tile cleaning and polishing services or call 610-935-7557 to schedule your in home evaluation and consultation.
In just the last 10 years, we have cleaned and restored over 270,000sf of vinyl/ VCT flooring!
Vinyl Tile Cleaning Service Includes:
- We will sweep or vacuum the area to remove debris
- Then we will remove all the old wax/ finish and soil with a heavy duty floor stripping solution, our 17 inch 175 RPM rotary floor machine and high productivity floor stripping pads.
- Scrub the edges (often by hand)
- Extract your floors to rid of all finish and soil
- Then give a final clean water neutralizing rinse to ensure the floor completely clean and residue free
- Apply two to three coats of highly durable, urethane floor finish, leaving your floors clean, shiny and protected
- In a day or two our friendly staff will call to make sure you are completely satisfied with our services, and of course, our 30 day guarantee is included “If a spot comes back, so will we!”
- Then you will start receiving our Newsletter with helpful hints and discount coupons.
- We just ask that you have the area emptied for us.
Furniture moving is not included in our pricing, additional charges may apply!
VINYL TILE/ VCT FLOORS: Minimum charge $200
- 160 square feet or less: $200 minimum charge
- 161 square feet – 1,000 square feet.: $1.25 per square foot (if there are multiple small spaces such as doctor exam rooms, this will be the charge no matter the total square footage beyond the minimum)
- Areas 1,001 square feet and up.: $1.00 per square foot
(Heavy soil or wax build up may be an additional charge)
– Wax build up on baseboards and/ or edges: additional $0.50 per linear foot
– Daily Clean Neutral Floor Cleaner: $15 per gallon for customer purchase to use to help maintain floors
Clean, Vitalize and High Speed Buff/ Burnish: $150 minimum charge (up to 600 square feet)
- 601 – 1,000 square feet: $0.25 per square foot
- 1,001 square feet and over: $0.20 per square foot
When Vinyl Composite Tile or V.C.T. is first installed, it needs to cure for a minimum 7 days, then it should be professionally finished to give it protectio
n and shine. This requires a light stripping to remove any soiling and factory finish (just to protect tile during installation), a thorough rinsing, and then apply sealer and a couple coats of floor finish depending conditions.
These floors should be swept clean of all dirt and debris regularly to prevent scratches and abrasions in the finish. The sweeping should be followed by a moping using a neutral floor cleaner. (Do not use any high ph alkaline cleaners, such as but not limited to, ammonia, top job, greased lightening, bleach and bathroom cleaners. These products will remove the finish.) You may use a scrub brush to help remove dirt from any nooks, crannies or crevices. Never use any scrubbing pads that are course enough to scratch or remove finishes. If you notice where the spot was on the floor starting to dull, do not proceed with scrubbing that area, you are removing the finish.
If scratches or abrasions do occur in the finish, dirt and debris can get trapped causing marks that are not removable by just mopping. To help prevent scratches, avoid dragging or sliding objects and furniture across the floor. Heavier furniture can not only scratch the finish, but can scratch deep enough to reach the tile themselves causing permanent marks to the floor. Felt Pads should be placed on the feet of any furniture that slides, like chairs, to prevent damage to the floor.
After a period of time your floor will start to lose its shine. We do offer hi speed buffing to help bring the shine back, depending on the use of the floor. If the floor starts to dull more or has dirt or spots you are unable to remove by just a cleaning, we can either deep scrub the floor, which will remove the top coat of wax and dirt, or we can strip off all the old finish and start fresh with rebuilding the protection with a coat of sealer and a couple coats of floor finish.
Unitex Basis Acrylic Floor Sealer- provides long-lasting levels of durability and permanency to treat resilient or non-resilient floors. This sealer help to fill in some of the pits, grooves and pores and provides a good surface for the finish to adhere. safety data sheet
Unitex Reflection Urethane Acrylic Floor Sealer/ Finish- This water-based, urethane sealer/finish revolutionizes the way hard surface floors are sealed. The combination of urethane and three other polymers fortify Reflection to be exceptionally durable and abrasion resistant. Ideal for a high-profile wet look floor finish. safety data sheet
Unitex Vitalizer One Step Floor Cleaner and Restorer- Formulated for use on resilient and hard floor surfaces in conjunction with high-speed burnishing to leave floors looking refinished. Cleans floors and applies a thin layer finish restorer prior to burnishing for added protection. safety data sheet
Matrix Grout Devil- this highly alkaline, water-based cleaner combined with solvents is specially formulated tile, grout, and hard surface cleaner is designed to dissolve layer after layer of soil and grease buildup, while leaving grout lines clean and bright. safety data sheet
Professional’s Choice Heavy Duty Acidic Cleaner- a fast- acting acidic cleaner designed to remove grout haze from ceramic and porcelain tile surfaces and stains and other embedded dirt and grime from grout by removing a thin, top layer to expose a fresh, new layer of grout. safety data sheet
Zep Grout Cleaner & Whitener- acidic cleaner specially formulated to clean and remove stains from even the dirtiest white or very light colored grout lines by removing a thin, top layer to expose a fresh, new layer of grout. safety data sheet
Professional’s Choice 511 Spray-on Grout Sealer- penetrates into the grout and forms an invisible barrier that is resistant to moisture, soiling and stains, while allowing vapor to escape. safety data sheet
Our Service Areas:
We serve the Philadelphia PA surrounding communities including: King of Prussia, Pa, Collegeville, Pa, Paoli, Pa, Wayne, Pa, Villanova, Pa, Exton, Pa, West Chester, Pa, Bryn Mawr, Pa, Chester Springs, Pa, Downingtown, Pa, Ardmore, Pa, Radnor, Pa and the Philadelphia suburbs. View our list of local towns to see all of the areas we service.