Angelo’s Cleaning offers a Flood Emergency Service
What to do if my Pipes Burst ! Frozen Ice Dams in my Gutters are Thawing and causing a leak in my house !
It’s a winter wonderland out there. We are experiencing one of the Philadelphia area’s most intense winter seasons. And Chester County towns have been hit the hardest by power outages. Keeping your home or business warm and protected by snow and ice is important but we, at Angelo’s, can’t stress enough the importance of maintaining your pipes. Yes, your pipes are not immune to the cold. We hear many stories of a home being flooded by a burst frozen pipe that was not properly shutoff at the beginning of the winter season. A family going on vacation to a tropical paradise and turning off their heat to save on home heating costs, returning to a flood!
Quick ideas to prevent a flood in your home:
- Every winter make sure to properly turn off water to unheated areas of your home
- Remove your outdoor hose and store it. Cover your spicket with an insulated cover
- Wrap pipes with insulation especially in cold areas
- Clean out all your gutters after fall leaves have fallen.
- Have a home inspector make sure your house is insulated properly to prevent ice dams
- When temperatures plummet, make sure to inspect your pipes, basement and any rooms that are colder than the main part of your house
We work directly with the homeowner to take care of home or business floods. Typically your insurance policy’s deductible is is around $1000 (in the case of homeowners insurance). In many cases we can restore your soaked carpet for less or about the same as the deductible. The most common case of not being able to save flooded carpet is sewage back up. Every situation is different, but if a clean water (busted pipe, rain water seeping in, etc) flood is cleaned up within the first few days, the affected carpet can usually be saved. The importance of using a certified water restoration company is knowledge and experience, also insurance coverage want a certified company to deal with the restoration if you do decide to place a claim. Our technicians and firm are IICRC certified in Water Damage Restoration.